Courage– I need to have courage in order to stand up for myself and be assertive. Recognizing that in order to grow, courage needs to be exercised like a muscle is important. This will help me identify situations in which I will need to use courage to make the best choices for my life.
- Review the previous lesson
- Brainstorm what makes a person courageous
- Discuss different situations in which courage may be used
- Become aware of how wisdom, knowledge, and friendship are used when developing courage
- Identify a specific situation in which each student will personally need to exercise courage
- Make a contract with him/herself to exercise courage in the near future
- Review of previous lessons
- Share parent reaction to Choose Knowledge worksheet
- Large group activity–Courageous People
- Small group demonstration–Chair Lift
- Group work–Courageous Scenarios
- Worksheet–How Can I Use Courage?
- Directions on completing a contract with oneself
- Directions on sharing contract and take home sheet with parents